Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review of Everyone You Love Will Be Happy Soon part 2 of 3

Continued from Part 1 posted on the 7th.

Seal My Fate is another song about being in love. It starts with the image of a photograph "that our kids will look back on and laugh and they won't believe that we ever were young" but that life is hard now. "I'm so out of it but I know I'll get used to it 'cause everybody does." Even in this tired view of current hardship the band joins in to sing "Come on, the sun is up now and we want it all."

The Beginning of Everything at the End of the World. I don't know what to say about this song other than the fact that it is perfect. It will have it's own blog in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted. Let's just say for the sake of this post that this song is great and you just need to hear it. Red & Gold is one of the few Quiet Company songs that starts out soft and slow and stays that way. I've said before that I think Quiet Company songs belong in movies. This is the kind of song that I mean. It's very low-key but beautiful. "Take your time discussing all your needs; cause every road will end up at the sea. So you can spend your days on your hands and knees. By evening time I hope you've found some peace."

My New Year's Resolution Is to Cope with My Mortality. "And maybe life is like the autumn trees and I'm just one of many very mortal leaves, just praying to the fates that we survive the freeze." This is just one of the many philosophies on life that Muse offers in this album that I think are great ways to live. This album seems to be a way for Muse to come to terms with things like God, love, and death. "No one really can explain the rest/ what's gonna happen to us when we die/ can it really be the same for everybody?"

There are two songs on this album titled "Congratulations ___ &___" The first is Congratulations Seth and Kara. I've heard this song over a hundred times and still cry 2 out of 3 times I listen to it. It's basically a love song for his brother. "You carried me up when the mountains were steep, and you lifted me up when the waters were deep, so I'll do what I can to be the brother you need, and thank you Seth for being a brother to me." This is one of those songs that's personal and beautiful, another emotional achievement by the band.

Golden (Like the State) makes me incredibly happy. Another song that could not be written without intense love. "All my life I've waited for a love that could not be ignored in good conscience, a love I could ascend to." This song's a little more 'catchy' than most QC songs, and of all their music I think that this is the song that could be the biggest radio hit.

The next song, "Well, the Truth Is" starts out as the darkest of the songs, but about a minute and a half in something changes, the tempo increases and the lyrics speak of shedding these dark parts of ourselves and "let 'em all go tumblin', tumblin'. And here's where the second best piece of advice I can possibly give you comes in. "The truth is that everybody that I love may or may not be happy soon but I wouldn't waste time loving someone else if you don't love yourself."


To be continued on the 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment